Environmental Projects & Volunteering
If you are interested in conservation, the great outdoors and meeting likeminded people, why not consider joining in with our volunteer groups. We currently have two groups, our Sunday morning team, and our Community Garden Team.
Sunday morning team aka “Green Team”
During the colder months of the year, our green team head out into our open spaces andcarry out essential maintenance tasks. Such tasks include;
- Hazel coppicing
- Bramble clearing
- Bird box clearing and erecting
- Pond maintenance
- Tree and wildflower planting
We meet on the first Sunday of each month from October onwards. Tools are provided but volunteers are welcome to bring their own.
Community Garden Volunteers
We have a wonderful group of volunteers who work together to create the gem that is Marshalswick Community Garden. Each year the volunteers ensure the garden flourishes with fruits, vegetables, wildflowers and perennials, and think of new ideas to enhance the space. Duties include;
- Planning what to grow and sowing seeds
- Regular watering throughout the growing season
- Weeding, pruning and harvesting
- Building new beds and benches
- Talking to everyone who comes into the garden wanting to know what is growing and always telling us how wonderful they think the garden is!